Explore, express, and apply, a variety of ways to skillfully move the body through space while participating in movement activities, including at a:
- utilization level of skills when:
- jumping forward and landing
- jumping sideways and landing
- control level of skill when:
- jumping backward and landing
- hopping (body moves on one foot as in right foot to right foot)
- skipping (combines a step and a hop)
- leaping (body ‘takes off’ from one foot, propels through air for distance, then lands on the opposite foot)
- sliding (one foot steps and the other moves to meet the first foot, “step-close”)
- galloping (one foot steps, body propels upward, other foot moves to meet the first foot)
- rolling forward (see note)
- rolling sideways
- progressing-towards-control level of skill when:
- rolling backward (see note on page 34).
This is a grade 2 lesson plan that I made focused on skillful movement centred around leaping, jumping, hopping, skipping and galloping. There are various activities in this lesson incorporating skillful movement and an assessment technique provided.